Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

Badge

WOW… There seem to be SO many people having issues with the Frame and Arc.  I have just go the Arc, and I am also struggling to get Atmos to play on anything other than Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime! 

I am getting Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1 showing up, which does sound absolutely amazing, however I can’t help but feel that I am not getting the most out of my very expensive system.  I also don’t really want to have to purchase and Apple 4K box, just to fix an issue that should be working in the first place, as I have been told by Samsung that The Frame is Atmos compatible with Netflix.

Hoping to see some kind of fix soon. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I currently have this issue.  Initially The Frame 55 and my Sonos AMP worked very well together but either a Frame update or a Sonos update has changed something as every few days I need to shut the breaker which powers my entertainment gear (to completed cold reboot the Frame)  Only then does the Sonos Amp get a signal from the Frame over HDMI eARC.  

I have to think it was a SONOS update as Samsung doesn’t push out that many updates if any in the past year.   

I had a problem with the sonos arc not working after turning off the TV. The sound would flicker on /off and I had to unplug arc to reset it to have it work.

I turned off "instant on" under the hidden menu of the TV to cure another issue where the wifi drops after turning off TV. Turns out, it fixed both issues!

Enter the hidden menu with old Samsung remote(look online for instructions) or ask the Samsung help line to turn off "instant on"

Has anyone else tried this? Would love some feedback before I begin a new installation next week with a 2020 Frame 65. Is the TV sound adequate if eARC issues dissuade me from going with a soundbar?  Curious if this affects the Art Mode sensor turning on. 

Prefacing this by saying I’ve already downloaded the firmware update from Samsung’s website and installed it via USB and gotten the patch from Sonos support. Neither permanently fixed this issue.

I bought a remote control off Amazon specifically to access the secret menu and turn off instant on (first just one instant on and then both instant on settings- second was “smart instant on”) and still got issues. Seems to most often act up on the native Samsung HBO Max app.

I hooked up a 4k Apple TV and it seemed like, after almost a full year of this headache, it FINALLY fixed my problem! 

Two days later, the sound is going out every 20 minutes while I’m watching a movie. 

I just caved and dropped $200 on the HDFury Arcana. Fingers crossed it fixes it for good, but would be REALLY GREAT if Sonos/Samsung could find a way to work together on this!

First time posting in this thread after reading it obsessively for a year hoping for answers. Will definitely post an update if the Arcana solves the problem. 

Been looking at the HDFury Arcana as a quick fix for this issue.  Please let us know if it corrects your problem.

Had the HDFury setup for a day now (with the Apple TV 4k plugged into one end of the Arcana and then the other end has cables connecting to the One Connect and the Arc) and so far zero sound issues! Atmos and everything processing fine just fine. Also the dialogue lip synch seems to be perfect where there used to be some issues before.

Will update if there’s any issues, but I seriously wish I did this months ago because it seems like it was an instant fix. 

I had a problem with the sonos arc not working after turning off the TV. The sound would flicker on /off and I had to unplug arc to reset it to have it work.

I turned off "instant on" under the hidden menu of the TV to cure another issue where the wifi drops after turning off TV. Turns out, it fixed both issues!

Enter the hidden menu with old Samsung remote(look online for instructions) or ask the Samsung help line to turn off "instant on"

Has anyone else tried this? Would love some feedback before I begin a new installation next week with a 2020 Frame 65. Is the TV sound adequate if eARC issues dissuade me from going with a soundbar?  Curious if this affects the Art Mode sensor turning on. 

Prefacing this by saying I’ve already downloaded the firmware update from Samsung’s website and installed it via USB and gotten the patch from Sonos support. Neither permanently fixed this issue.

I bought a remote control off Amazon specifically to access the secret menu and turn off instant on (first just one instant on and then both instant on settings- second was “smart instant on”) and still got issues. Seems to most often act up on the native Samsung HBO Max app.

I hooked up a 4k Apple TV and it seemed like, after almost a full year of this headache, it FINALLY fixed my problem! 

Two days later, the sound is going out every 20 minutes while I’m watching a movie. 

I just caved and dropped $200 on the HDFury Arcana. Fingers crossed it fixes it for good, but would be REALLY GREAT if Sonos/Samsung could find a way to work together on this!

First time posting in this thread after reading it obsessively for a year hoping for answers. Will definitely post an update if the Arcana solves the problem. 

Been looking at the HDFury Arcana as a quick fix for this issue.  Please let us know if it corrects your problem.

If Sonos has indeed followed the specifications for eARC connections, what is it you’re hoping for Sonos to do? The Arc certainly seems to work on all other eARC connections across all appropriate TV sets and even on other TVs from Samsung,  which leads me to think (no proof, just logic) that the implementation of the eARC spec isn’t correct on the Samsung Frame itself. 

Badge

I have a brand new Samsung Neo QLED (QE65QN95A) and I am not able to make the audio cutting issue go away.
Sonos tech support has said that the Sonos Arc works as intended and that I was using it wrong with my setup (Nvidia Shield). My forum thread.
Truly disappointed in both the product and Sonos customer service.

Has this issue been sorted looking at getting a Samsung Q90t but no point until this problem is fixed?

Thanks 

I got the Sonos Arc about a week ago. Could not get the audio in sync with LG OLED B7V and Nvidia Shield. Ended up buying the new Samsung QN95A. Finally the audio is in sync, but then there is this new problem with audi cutting out. 
Just watched a 4k movie with Dolby Atmos via Nvidia Shield / Plex. Audio cuts out every 10-15 minutes for a couple of seconds. Sometimes every other minute, sometimes it lasts 30 minutes+ without cutting out. I have also experienced sound drops on non Atmos content.
Sound settings in Passhtrough.
When in Auto, it seems to not drop out that often, but in stead the noise “breaks” just a tiny bit in parts of the movie.

Super annoying having spent so much money first on the Arc, then on a brand new TV.
Not sure which firmware I am on, but my Sonos is up to date. And I ran the downloader on the new TV today.
Really hoping for a fix.

I have had the same problem with Xbox pass-through via Samsung Frame 75”

Hi!Is the problem regarding eARC Auto-setting solved for 2021 version of The Frame?

This happened to me for the first time today after having no issues for 3 months. Complete loss of audio between Samsung Frame and Sonos Arc. Pretty frustrating.

I experienced this for the first time last night on my Q90T + Arc. Sound suddenly cut out when e-Arc was enabled; only way to get any sound at all was to disable e-Arc on the TV (which caused audio delay issues with my Xbox as the passthrough option was then greyed out).

Unplugged the Arc to no avail - only thing that worked was power-cycling the TV. Once I did this, I was able to re-enable e-Arc and audio came through finally. 

This never happened with my old Samsung soundbar, so I have to assume it’s some issue between the Arc and the Q90T. Both are up-to-date on their software, so any solution that may have existed certainly is not bullet proof.

What’s the status on this issue now? I’m planning to buy a Samsung Q95T TV and Sonos Arc. Is this still an unsolved problem?

If yes, is it really common, or is it just like 1 % of the users who gets this kind of problems with the Arc + Samsung 2020 TV combination?

Badge

I got the Sonos Arc about a week ago. Could not get the audio in sync with LG OLED B7V and Nvidia Shield. Ended up buying the new Samsung QN95A. Finally the audio is in sync, but then there is this new problem with audi cutting out. 
Just watched a 4k movie with Dolby Atmos via Nvidia Shield / Plex. Audio cuts out every 10-15 minutes for a couple of seconds. Sometimes every other minute, sometimes it lasts 30 minutes+ without cutting out. I have also experienced sound drops on non Atmos content.
Sound settings in Passhtrough.
When in Auto, it seems to not drop out that often, but in stead the noise “breaks” just a tiny bit in parts of the movie.

Super annoying having spent so much money first on the Arc, then on a brand new TV.
Not sure which firmware I am on, but my Sonos is up to date. And I ran the downloader on the new TV today.
Really hoping for a fix.

Any update here on a permanent fix? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yesterday I experienced a problem for the first time.

I was watching a movie with Dolby Atmos on Netflix, paused the movie to answer a phone call, and when I started the movie again, there was no sound.

I unpluged the tv, waited 15 seconds, and started it up again. This fixed the problem, I now have sound again.

I watch Netflix via Apple TV 4K connected to my Samsung 75’ The Frame 2020.

I’ve tried that too, but it’s been awhile. 
I wonder if Sonia/Samsung now just consider this as ‘solved’ although there are still lots of issue. 

I still have warranty on both items, so I am seriously considering returning both items.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yesterday I experienced a problem for the first time.

I was watching a movie with Dolby Atmos on Netflix, paused the movie to answer a phone call, and when I started the movie again, there was no sound.

I unpluged the tv, waited 15 seconds, and started it up again. This fixed the problem, I now have sound again.

I watch Netflix via Apple TV 4K connected to my Samsung 75’ The Frame 2020.

Userlevel 1

Hello. I watched a movie this evening. It cut out twice. I had the TV set to pass through - Dolby Digital Plus 5.1. Then I changed the TV to PCM. It cut out under both settings. It seems odd that the Sonos can’t even handle PCM without it cutting out. 

I use a Firestick 4K plugged directly into the TV  Surround sound settings are set to ‘Best Available’. Are people finding the issue with built in apps? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Recieved my SONOS Arc earlier this week, and connected it to my 75” The Frame 2020. 
No problems yet. Everything is working perfectly.

The Frame is running firmware 1497 and SONOS is running 13.0.2.

Fingers crossed that it will keep up the good performance.

Brand new QN90A and having the same issue. Would love to get info on this patch mentioned earlier in the thread.

Userlevel 1

I have spoken to Sonos support. They have confirmed that there was an issue recorded in each diagnostic report. The issue occurs when the TV switches to Dolby Digital Plus. At this point, I think it’s important that other consumers realise that the Sonos Arc is not compatible with Samsung TVs. I have left a 1 star review on the Arc product page, I have also dropped a note to rtings and what hi-fi to highlight the issue so that they might add it to their review pages. Other consumers should know what they’re buying. I will remove the 1 star rating when the issue is finally remedied. (9 more reviews to drop it below 4 stars). If you’re reading this then I suggest you do the same so that they start prioritising this issue. 

Userlevel 1

Hello. The update didn’t work. Grr. It’s cut out about 3 times since I updated. I sent diagnostic reports each time it happened so let’s see if that helps Sonos. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello. I have a Sonos Arc and Q90T. I had 65Q90T December-February. That broke so I got a 75Q90T today. (Loved the TV before it broke. Decided I was just unlucky).

Like others, the sound cuts out every now and then. For example, I just watched Infinity War and it cut out 3 times for about 2-3 seconds each. Not great when I’m trying to show off my new big fancy TV. The old 65Q90T had a similar sound problem but not at that frequency.

I have just updated my Samsung to 1497 (after watching Infinity War). Sonos is updated. I’m interested to see if this works. I will update if it cuts out again.

Sounds settings - e-arc set to auto and output=pass through. I use a Firestick to watch TV. 

Did it work? 😊