Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post

668 replies

Userlevel 1

Reading thought the comments, I have the same issue with the Sonos ARC and a Samsung Frame TV. SONOS you have had months to sortt this, You are still selling the ARC Sound bar knowing there is an incompatibility issue with Samsung Frame TV’s making the Arc not fit for purpose, you are breaking trading standards law knowingly selling a product you know is not working correctly . You give excuses blaming the issue on Samsung or ask people to try using the supplied HDMI-Optical adaptor supplied, knowing full well that other customers have told you this does not rectify the issue  (Please see above) but yet you think it acceptable to still ask customers to try. YOU ARE SELLING A FAULTY PRODUCT, Either fix it, or recall the ARC and issue customers with a refund .

Same issue here - 55” 2020 frame tv. No sound at all when hdmi e-arc mode set to auto. When set to off, I can hear sound but it keeps jumping in and out / out and on.

This is starting to be ridiculous, i spent $2500 on a tv and $1800 on a surround setup and neither can talk to each other correctly. if i could take them back i would but im out of return date on both so now im stuck with items that cut in and out 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey all, 

One more case to add to the books... Just purchased a 65-inch Samsung Frame TV (2020 model) and Sonos Arc. My TV was able to grab the 1402.1 update automatically, and my Sonos app/firmware is up-to-date.

I am experiencing the sound loss issues after the TV has been off/stand-by mode. When the TV powers back on I start experiencing the intermittent sound loss, as well as the Sound Output constantly switching between HDMI-eARC to HDMI. The issue goes away after simply unplugging/plugging back in the power cord for the Sonos Arc.

I just checked my Sub-micom Version and I am on 1005T. Marlina, please update us if the TV has been stable on Sub-micom Version 1006T. If so, could you possibly get a step-by-step instruction on updating to this version and upload the BIN file somewhere we can download it? 

Hey Bud!! Fellow Frustrated as hell Customer. Ha! 

So. I didn’t download the 1006t. It was Sent to me by the Engineer at Samsung. It took 2 weeks to get to that guy. He is in the RRRR Department of Samsung. He actually knows the 2020 Samsung Frame like the back of his hand. He emailed it to me, then I had to put it on a USB. After installing it on the USB, he had to take control of my Samsung from his location, and opened up a Menu I’VE NEVER SEEN. It was sort of a root menu. Definitely not something we have access to. I don’t even think if we had it the file that we could put in the computer. 

So I had the 1006T installed. But it only worked for 1 1/2 days. THEN the DROPS happened again. Sooo…...The Engineer and I went at it again. We RESET the One Connect and it has been running 24 hours a day for almost 2 days without a single drop. Also, I have a  32gig USB in my One Connect doing a Live Log, to see exactly what is going on. That same engineer is reading the logs to see how the Interface is working. But for the time being….its working perfectly. I have a SONOS ARC with sub, and two Play one SL’s. The 5.1 system. 

So as it stands. What HAS been working is installing 1402.1, BT-S, going from Sub-micom Version and I am on 1005T to Sub-micom Version and I am on 1006T. Then RESETING the Machine. 

I’ll keep you folks updated. But for the first time, I haven’t had a single drop in close to 48 hours. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Same issue on my 55 frame tv 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Follow-up sounds keeps dropping even after switching off eArc… I am returning it back to store tomorrow and buying Samsung.

i am very disappointed.

So its been close to 5 days. No drops and No issues with the Arc. I have taken it a step further and installed a New Google ChromeCast Sabrina, and within the Sabrina I have Activated the ATMOS option on the Chromecast. The Engineer with Samnsung has been monitoring the Data Between the SONOS and the One connect and there have Been ZERO drops. Nothing. 

Initially it had been an Issue also, that Any other outside devices with attached to the HDMI’s have been an issue. So Devices needed to be unplugged.  That seems to no. longer be an issue. 

So things We have done as so far in order:

-Updated the software to 1401.2 (Problem Persisted) 

-Replaced the One Connect box. (Problem still persisted) 

-Unplugged all the devices from One box, Not the Arc (Problems Persisted)

-Samsung Eng Installed Sub-micom Version 1006T to the System. (Problems Persisted)

-Samsung Reset One Connect and problems stopped. 

From what I understand the Sub-micom Version 1006T was not updated with the 1402 update. Don’t know why But I have installed the Arc via Earc to a 2020 Lg Gallery, and it has worked perfectly. Just did that today. This seem this a Samsung issue. The Engineer is a SUPER nice guy and wants to help. But I totally understand that he doesn’t and CAN’T say this is a SAMSUNG issue.. But it is. This in my Opinion is not an ARC issue. On top of this. SONOS is sending me a NEW ARC on Monday. Guess Im Test Rat from Both SONOS and SAMSUNG. 

I’ll keep you updated.   

I’m having the exact same issue on my 75” Q8DT (Q80T). Everything works great for 30 minutes and then the sound will drop for 1-2 seconds. I recently updated my tv to Version 1402.1 which did not seem to help. 

HDMI-eARC is set to AUTO

Digital Output is set to Pass-Through

Atmost Compatability is enabled

Software Version is T-NKMAKUC-1402.1, B1052200/B60101. BT-S

Sub-micom Version: T-NMINTV-1007

@Marlina - Do you have the contact information for the engineer you are working with at Samsung. I would love to contact them to help troubleshoot. 

Does anyone have the firmware for the Samsung frame that would work in australia ? The us version does not seem to take for aus model

just came here to say that after a week or two with the new firmware, I can finally say the problem has been fixed. i had to restart the sonos arc every time I turned on the tv to watch something because if I didn’t, the sound would stop and skip every 2 seconds or so. its all gone now!!! take care everyone in forum post, its been a long ride haha

I see the firmware update is now available in the US.

I'm interested to see if this resolves the sync issues as I'm about to purchase a Q80T and Sonos ARC to go with my existing SKY Q UHD and Apple TV 4K setup (PS5 also pre-ordered).

Good luck and look forward to the results!

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

Userlevel 1

Hello. I watched a movie this evening. It cut out twice. I had the TV set to pass through - Dolby Digital Plus 5.1. Then I changed the TV to PCM. It cut out under both settings. It seems odd that the Sonos can’t even handle PCM without it cutting out. 

I use a Firestick 4K plugged directly into the TV  Surround sound settings are set to ‘Best Available’. Are people finding the issue with built in apps? 

Same issue here with Frame 2020 and Sonos arc. I get Dolby atmos but only when earc setting is OFF on TV. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Summary

a week old Sonos Arc + Sub

New hdmi cable → from Arc to Samsung Q80R

Sound Output: Samsung Settings

TV Speaker
Receiver (HDMI) 
Optical
Bluetooth 

So … selected #2

EXCEPT NO SOUND until I select TV Speaker

And if I select TV Speaker, it immediately changed to Receiver with no sound. 

For now, the only thing I could do was return to original cable. With it, I can get constant sound from TV Speakers

I don’t care whose fault it is. Sonos & Sumsung knock heads and SOLVE IT. 

Sonos blames Samsung and they blame you. 

A brand new $2000 system useless

I don’t give a damn who is guilty. 

FIX THE PROBLEM

NOW!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-q80t-earc-issue/td-p/1807678/page/8

Here’s another link:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-samsung-frame-tv-earc-not-working-6842523?sort=dateline.desc

After three phone calls I finally got an agent who would escalate to “engineering”. The engineering rep was extremely helpful, patch applied yesterday, and so far no issues. I'm very optimistic. I was having to reboot every single day. So far so good! Build 61185070.

Hi all, yet another note from the dev team:

We have been working on the ongoing audio problem between the Sonos Arc and several 2020 Samsung TV models. These models support the new eARC connectivity. Samsung TVs prior to and from 2019 do not support eARC and are not seeing this particular problem. Customers will randomly experience a complete loss of audio which requires either the rebooting of the Sonos Arc and/or the rebooting of the Samsung TV. 

If you are experiencing this problem and you are willing to assist with some short term testing, please contact our customer care department at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Ditte

Is there any update here?

Installed the new updates to both Samsung Frame firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2 yesterday and so far 24 hours and eArc is working .  Prior I was lucky to make it more than a few hours .

Samsung Frame 75 + Sonos Arc 

Same here, Frame 55 2020 and Sonos Arc. Day 3 now and no issues 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Q90t will be delivered next Tuesday… will report back when I have news...

You wouldn’t believe what worked for me!
*** Try a different HDMI cable ***

I had the exact same issue on my new 75’’ Samsung QN90A. 
Nothing worked. I was frustrated just as most commenters here. 

Then I tried the HDMI cable that came with the Sonos Arc, instead of the other I had connected. Poof! Everything worked instantly. The TV notified me it detected a Dolby Atmos device, and everything was in sync. 

Userlevel 1

Another frustrated customer! Seems like the issue is definitely on the Samsung side and I imagine Sonos are just as in the dark as the rest of us!? Does mean the Sonos has to be returned as well as the TV though, while I look for a setup that actually works as advertised. @Ditte - I know it wasn’t that long ago that you posted an update, but do you have any idea at all whether this can be fixed in software at the Samsung end and whether they intend to do this? I will follow up with them of course direct, but they are much harder to engage than you guys! :)

I’m experiencing the same problems. When turning off eArc, I do get a good quality surround sound, but not Dolby Atmos. Which is part of the reason I bought the whole setup. 
I’m considering returning the Sonos Arc, because beside this issue, I also have an issue with loss of sound after being turned off for the night (sound shutting off in 3 second intervals, which can only be fixed by temporarily taking out both the power cord and the HDMI cable). I’m so disappointed!

Exactly the same issue (no Dolby Atmos as well as shutting down in 3 second intervals) happens to me :-(

Exact same with my Arc. No Atmos and power cut in out after being on standby overnight. 
What a disappointment. Sonos customer care - any update on a patch (Sonos or Samsung) for the eARC issue?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Well...Ive STILL been working with Samsung Engineers in North America, and Korea has been trying to find a fix...and Im Sad to say there is NO fix to this. 

Not one update has done a thing to fix this unfortunately. For a brief time the fix that Samsung USA worked, was working. But it no longer is. They have been studying my TV in real time as well as recording it on a USB that is attached h to my Connect One. 

I believe that Samsung USA, DID in fact try to resolve this issue, but Korea has now shifted its resources to the 2021 Samsung Models. 

As Well, unfortunately, I think Samsung has been half-assed throwing Updates to see what “Can Stick”. Its been 4 ridiculous months, with Hundreds of wasted hours Spent on this Frame TV. Working with the “Highest” levels of Samsung’s Engineers and Business folks. And they have Zero clue whats going on. 

Im most likely going to take a 2k hit on this. Samsung refuses to refund me, my credit card company denied me a credit card request for my money back. So, it is either my Frame or my SONOS Atmos 5.1 System. 

Shame on Samsung. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Common problems (sounds dropping every 2 seconds, or no sound at all in built in Netflix app) with Sonos Arc and pair of Sonos One SLs as surrounds and the Frame 55 2020…

I emailed Sonos’ CEO a week ago stating that I know about the patch discussed in this thread, Emily from Support replied to my email (she was absolutely helpful and understanding), we exchanged a couple of emails where she asked me to submit diagnostics etc. and finally she sent me the patch today.

So far so good! Fingers crossed the problem is solved.

I think you’ll be fine. Believe they’ve resolved the issue with this patch. 

Curious conclusion. If this was the case, wouldn’t we be seeing the same behavior across all eARC connections, no matter which manufacturer or model?

Userlevel 3
Badge

For what it’s worth, I’ve been running the new patch for ~ 5 days now, turned off the nightly power cycles for the Sonos and so far so good.  Really hope that is the end of it!

I’m experiencing the same problems. When turning off eArc, I do get a good quality surround sound, but not Dolby Atmos. Which is part of the reason I bought the whole setup. 
I’m considering returning the Sonos Arc, because beside this issue, I also have an issue with loss of sound after being turned off for the night (sound shutting off in 3 second intervals, which can only be fixed by temporarily taking out both the power cord and the HDMI cable). I’m so disappointed!

Exactly the same issue (no Dolby Atmos as well as shutting down in 3 second intervals) happens to me :-(