Question

Sonos Arc: Recommendations for TV with eARC and HDMI 2.1 support?

• 31 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I am considering to buy a Sonos Arc and currently also in the market of buying a new TV. To get the best audio support I am looking for a TV with eARC and HDMI 2.1 on each input.

Well, the choice is not huge. The 2019/20 LG lineup seems to fully support HDMI 2.1 and eARC, however, the net is full of discussions around lip sync issues and audio delays with LG TVs, especially for HDMI connected Dolby sources.

Do you have any other recommendations for TVs that would work well with Sonos ARC (over eARC)?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Armin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @mucullus 

As the Arc has not been released there are no (TMK) active reviews of which TV works best with the Arc. I personally like LG’s although mine are 2019 versions with no eArc  support (but I’m still ordering the Arc).

My best suggestion is to buy the TV locally and the Arc via Sonos to take advantage of the 45 day return policy. 45 days should be ample time to try 2 or 3 brands of TV to decide which works best with the Arc. Remember that in 99% of cases the audio fault lies with the TV manufacturer and how they implement the eArc protocol. 

Cheers!