Sonos Arc popping sound while watching Venom and Venom 2

• 3 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I've been having this issue With my setup I have the Sonos beam  the two speakers for surround sound and the sub gen 3. every time when I watch the Venom movie both of them  it likes to pop  the first Venom movie when Venom is introduced and he gets up and fixes Eddie's body and he says  eyes lungs and pancreas I think that's what he says when he says eyes  at pops. and I've tried everything and a lot of people are having this issue but nobody can figure it out as far as I can tell then I realized I only had the Sonos beam and it doesn't support Dolby Atmos so I'm like okay I wanted to upgrade my system so I bought the Sonos Arc and it's a hell of a lot different that's for sure but it still Pops at the exact same time now  it doesn't happened with all my other movies is like once in a while it does it but that's all so if anybody can help me out that would be great. I did submit a Diagnostics the number is 50441408 . So I don't know if it's just the heavy bass or what

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

How exactly are you watching Venom? Are you streaming it on an app? If so, which app? Or are you watching it on Blu-ray?

Badge

Hey thanks for replying sorry I should have mentioned that in the post forgot to I watch Venom on a 4K Blu-ray player. I have an LG 4K Blu-ray player ubk80And my TV is a Samsung 65 inch smart 4K TV Tu7000.And I don't know if this matters or not but I also have the Philips Hue sync box and I have the lights on the back of my TV

Hey thanks for replying sorry I should have mentioned that in the post forgot to I watch Venom on a 4K Blu-ray player. I have an LG 4K Blu-ray player ubk80And my TV is a Samsung 65 inch smart 4K TV Tu7000.And I don't know if this matters or not but I also have the Philips Hue sync box and I have the lights on the back of my TV

The common denominator seems to be your Hue Sync Box - have you tried bypassing it, just to see if the popping issue goes away?

Badge

Thank you for replying yes I have tried it and it doesn’t work I’ve tried actually without it like just plug in the Blu-ray player into the back of the TV and it still does it. I did do some research on the Philips hue sync box Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision but on the website where it says what it can work with they can work with like Google Chrome cast Apple TV and all that but on the Blu-ray player it says it’s not compatible which I don’t know how that is if it’s not compatible but when I have it plugged into it it works completely fine I get Dolby Atmos and the lights sync  pretty good. And I also get Dolby Atmos on every movie I hear that it can be some  Atmos content that makes it pop but I don’t know

In that case, I would perhaps submit a Sonos diagnostic report within 20 minutes of the popping sound happening again and note it’s reference number and maybe try to capture the issue on a video recording too, if practicable.

Then contact Sonos Support via this LINK and ask them to take a closer look at the issue.

Badge

Okay I'll give that a try I did take a video of it a few weeks ago of the same movie. hopefully I get a good response cuz when I read   posts of other people having a problem with the popping sound and they do submit one to get a response like oh we can't find an issue with your set up So hopefully I don't get the same thing

Okay I'll give that a try I did take a video of it a few weeks ago of the same movie. hopefully I get a good response cuz when I read   posts of other people having a problem with the popping sound and they do submit one to get a response like oh we can't find an issue with your set up So hopefully I don't get the same thing

Yes, I hope the Support Staff are able to discover where the problem lies for you. 👍