Sonos Arc not working with PS5

• 20 November 2020
  • 12 replies

I’m using a LG 4K smart TV, using Sonos Arc as the sound output connecting via the HDMI ARC port, and I connect my PS5 to another HDMI port.

I have turned off the HDMI Device Link function on PS5

so what happened is when I connect the PS5 to the LGTV, the Sonos Arc works well for like a min, and then it will cease receiving signal from the TV and there was no sound. Then the TV will switch back to internal speaker and when I choose the HDMI ARC output again, there was no sound. I have to unplug the PS5 and the Sonos Arc from the HDMI port, then replug the Sonos Arc to the TV then it will function again. But when I start the PS5 again, it doesn’t work again.

I suspect it’s something to do with the CEC function on PS5 that confused the LGTV on who to speak to on the HDMI LINK function, but I can’t find a solution to such.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Siriusious.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when it is working and another when the issue occurs, then, reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

It is definitely something to do with the PS5 CEC. I have been having issues with audio cutting out on my Beam. I moved all the inputs around on my Sony Bravia and pulled the PS5 HDMI out when it happened again. The sound came straight back. I have moved all the HDMI leads around again and strangely enough, it’s not happened again. PS5 is on HDMI 1 now. Not sure if this is a result of changing the order of my HDMI ports? 

forgot to say I tried using TV setup again and I got a message saying a device was interfering with the HDMI signal. See attached image 

It is definitely something to do with the PS5 CEC. I have been having issues with audio cutting out on my Beam. I moved all the inputs around on my Sony Bravia and pulled the PS5 HDMI out when it happened again. The sound came straight back. I have moved all the HDMI leads around again and strangely enough, it’s not happened again. PS5 is on HDMI 1 now. Not sure if this is a result of changing the order of my HDMI ports? 

forgot to say I tried using TV setup again and I got a message saying a device was interfering with the HDMI signal. See attached image 

Thanks Durk. So when you rearranged the ports it then worked?

Hi @Siriusious.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when it is working and another when the issue occurs, then, reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Thanks.

The report for the working Sonos is 1857815976

And the one that doesn’t work is 2007082501

Thanks a lot

Sadly. No. It didn’t work. When I switched on this morning I just had the same issue. As soon as I pulled the PS5 the tv was able to see the Beam.

Just to update, I have now tried various configurations. I even purchased an HDMI 2.1 cable to connect the pass thru on the PSVR processor to my TV (So it has the same spec cable on both sides) Next option is to take out the PSVR completely from the equation and run the HDMI direct from the PS5 to the TV. If that doesn't work then I am at a loss really… Does anyone have any more information?

I’m dealing with the exact same issue and I have not found any solutions. It happened with my PS4 Pro but not the Xbox 1X. I just use the PS4 on another TV. It is now happening with the PS five I just got delivered and it’s so frustrating. 

When I had the issue on my PS4 Pro I was on with Sonos support for a total of six hours across two weeks and I could never figure it out. I was hoping the PS five would not have the same issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

try another TV, its probably your TV

I have this issue.  I cannot change to internal because  it keeps switching back to hdmi arc.

I have to turn everything off and then on again.  It does seem related to CEC and Source Switching.  Neither Sonos, Sony or LG appear very interested.

Would using the TV’s optical audio out with the optical to HDMI connector work?

I have just bought the Beam, and waiting for it to arrive. I have a PS5 already and it would suck to not have it work with the Beam.

I am gonna a go out on a limb and say that you are connecting via WiFi. I have noticed that when the signal is not great the Arc would bounce between feeding the eArc signal and tv audio. Try an ethernet cable... let me know how you all get on.