Sonos Arc lip sync issues over eARC with LPCM

• 14 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So I think there is an issue with the arc while in eARC mode and lip sync while playing LPCM content  

I have tested on an LG C9, Sony 900H and a Sony A8H. 

On all of them when my Apple TV is set to LPCM output, I get lip sync issues on some content. If I change it to Dolby Digital or get the Sony to convert to DD+ it’s in sync. 

it seems like there is an issue with the lip sync compensation that eARC is supposed to have when using LPCM. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bjmort, thanks for the update and I apologize for the late response. thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, It doesn’t show any issue with the Sonos Arc, but if the issue persists, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps to check what could be causing this lip sync issue. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Bjmort Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.Sorry about the lip-sync issues on LPCM output. Can you submit a diagnostic when the lip-sync issue is happening and respond with the confirmation number So we can check what could be causing the issue? If it works with other outputs, then it could be the LPCM output causing the issue. Have you tried adjusting the settings on the Sonos App when on LPCM?

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there @Bjmort Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.Sorry about the lip-sync issues on LPCM output. Can you submit a diagnostic when the lip-sync issue is happening and respond with the confirmation number So we can check what could be causing the issue? If it works with other outputs, then it could be the LPCM output causing the issue. Have you tried adjusting the settings on the Sonos App when on LPCM?

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

hi sorry for the huge delay. System diagnostic number is 442017071