sonos arc issue

• 26 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I have had the arc since the summer now and been fine.

recently I have noticed that the sound has been playing up, not so much the music and bass but the talking in films etc seems to be far away?

I have re done the true play and unplugged etc, still seems strange sound. I am using hdmi arc too.

any advice will be appreciated 

Joe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Have you tried the speech enhancement feature and/or night mode option on the App’s ‘Now Playing’ screen and does that not improve the dialogue?

Back in July 2021 rtings.com in their fully independent audio test review seem to have no major issues with the sound quality/dialogue of the Sonos Arc compared to many other similar products. Maybe ask them if they have any update on those findings - they sometimes may retest products, if they become aware that things might have changed… personally speaking I’m not seeing any difference with the Arc I have here and it still sounds great to my ears (using it with LG C9 OLED TV):

https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/sonos/arc

Have you tried the speech enhancement feature and/or night mode option on the App’s ‘Now Playing’ screen and does that not improve the dialogue?

Yea I have turned that on and made sure night mode wasn’t on.

maybe it’s my ears but it just doesn’t seem to sound like much is on. All the different sounds blend into one, find myself turning it up when conversations are going on then turning back down when there are sfx 

Yea I have turned that on and made sure night mode wasn’t on.

maybe it’s my ears but it just doesn’t seem to sound like much is on. All the different sounds blend into one, find myself turning it up when conversations are going on then turning back down when there are sfx 

Dunno then, the Arc here sounds fine for dialogue.. I’ve not noticed any significant changes - have you had any firmware updates for your TV in recent times, or perhaps changed any settings on the TV or Arc via the App? Perhaps try retuning the Arc to the room with TruePlay.