Sonos Arc having intermittent connection issues with LG CX and AppleTV 4K

Badge

I am having intermittent connection issues with my Sonos Arc.  It has been connected to my LG CX for around 2 years now, and I had zero issues until around 1-2 months ago.  And it seems to be getting worse by the day.  The surround sound speakers and subwoofer keep disconnecting on their own.  And sometimes, even the Arc itself goes completely mute.  I check in the Sonos App and everything is still technically connected just fine.  So it’s not an App issue or me needing an Amp.  When I unplug the Arc and plug it back in, that usually works.  However, within an hour or so of watching tv it goes out again.  Can someone help me please?!  I imagine there is an issue with one of the latest software updates from the LG, Sonos, or AppleTV 4K.  However, I have no idea which item(s) is causing the issue.  

This is extremely frustrating when I’ve paid over $5k to have a fantastic home entertainment experience!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Perhaps see if switching HDMI-CEC control on your Apple TV resolves your issue.

After switching off that feature in the iOS settings, I would also suggest powering off the TV, Apple TV and ARC for a few minutes bring them back online in this order:

• TV
  • ARC
  • Apple TV

Then it’s just a case of trying things for a while to see if the issue goes away.

Userlevel 7

There is a good chance you are experiencing the same issue that many users have experienced the last four weeks with the Sub and surround audio dropping out completely and/or experiencing an audio delay:

Sonos is aware of the issue but it hasn’t been fixed yet. Power cycling the speakers is the temporary solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Khary G 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

A good thing to always try when experiencing TV audio interruptions is to reboot the TV - please disconnect it from power for at least 1 minute, then plug it back in. This restarts the TV’s software in a way that standby does not.

I hope this helps.