Sonos Arc audio keeps cutting out.

Show first post

205 replies

Same issue, diagnostic submitted 277850208. Suggestions eagerly awaited, only purchased yesterday.

Hi Ken_Griffths
have checked the link and all settings are as recommended. 

This is a Sonos community site, Support doesn’t ‘live’ here. Your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

None needed. Occasionally, the forum moderators are able to pick these up, they’re all trained in that, but it’s a crap shoot if the’ll see your post, or be able to respond to it. Much safer for you to contact support directly, and get an answer. 

I have the same issue people here have cited. Freaking annoying as I'm in over 2k on my living room audio setup. The beam worked fine on my Samsung TV but the Arc cuts out every 15 minutes or so. 

Hi Ken_Griffths
have checked the link and all settings are as recommended. 

What’s the SNR reading showing on your Arc - is it well above the 25dB level?

Can you describe the setup in a little more detail too please - both the Network and Sonos and is it a case the Arc disappears just from the controller App, or is the actual audio dropping out. When the issue occurs, does the Arc show as still having an IP address on the LAN? What happens with its status LED, if anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @CranjisMcB 

If you’ve tried rebooting the TV by unplugging it for a minute or two, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I have an intermittent problem where occasionally the sound drops out for a second and then resumes. I have an Arc, two One SLs and a Sub. My diagnostic report is 1648205849. Thanks. MLS

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I had this problem about a month ago, and I went through the suggestions mentioned here, and then purchased 8K HDMI cables to ensure I have everything needed to run smoothly, and the sound cut out again last night watching HMO Max through ATV.  The movie was 5.1, although I thought it was a known issue with Atmos.  

Hopefully there is a fix coming soon, because the suggestion of unplugging all electronics is not a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MLS11 

Does all sound cut out in the room, or is it individual speakers that cut out?

First, I recommend you unplug the Arc, the Sub, the Surrounds and the TV from power. Once the TV has been off for 30 seconds, plug it and the Arc back in. Please wait until the Arc has a solid white light before plugging in the rest of the speakers.

If you have a WiFi access point (or router) in the same room, please configure it to only use one 5GHz channel, rather than it being set to Auto.

Thanks.

I had the same problem with my Arc/One SL/Sub setup connected to a Samsung Frame. Music stream via AirPlay worked fine but the signal from the TV would occasionally cut in and out and was only temporarily fixed by unplugging the Arc.

Solution: go to expert sound settings on the TV and make sure HDMI-eARC Mode is set to “Off”. Mine was set to Auto when experiencing this issue and when I switched this to Off it started working immediately and at least hasn’t happened again yet. Atmos appears to still work on things that send the signal like my Apple TV 4K. 

maybe that will help others, give it a try!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I had this problem yesterday and this morning. I had to power cycle the Arc to overcome. There was a Sonos update yesterday, not sure if that was related. 1590010709 is my diagnostic number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @andrew richards, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. thanks for taking the time to send a diagnostic report, Upon checking on it. it shows that the Arc status of the Arc is disabled. You can try to unplug and re-plug it on the Sonos Arc and the TV.

Hi  @Kamenrider, Thanks for reaching out, and thanks for taking the time to send a diagnostic report. Upon checking on it, the diagnostic shows everything is normal in your Sonos Arc. Kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance so we can further check what could be causing the issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It’s encouraging to see a response from the staff.  I’ve not had a reoccurrence of the problem and will leave it at that for now especially given your findings. Your support staff can deal with people with more important issues.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kamenrider, thanks for the update. I’m hoping it will not cause any other issues in the future.

If you need help with any other information, Please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

I have a sonos ARC and sound keeps cutting out for 1-2 seconds and then picks back up. My sonos was fine for about 1 week after purchasing but now the sound will cut out periodically. Here is my diagnostics number 103248445. How can I fix this issue?

I have the same issue. My diagnostic number is 1533580006.

Badge

same Issue Here. I Have Sony A80J , I cant watch any Movie with Atmos sound. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @D Thall, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for taking the time to submit a diagnostic report. Upon checking the diagnostic, I saw that the Arc status is disabled. You may check the HDMI Arc or E-ARC cable if it is connected to the correct port. Also, try to unplug and re-plug the HDMI ARC/ E-ARC cable on the Arc and the TV.

Hi,  I have the same issue.  A couple of days after installing the arc is cuts out every few seconds.   The hdmi used is the one that came with the unit and my tv has earc (Samsung 90t).  The only way to fix is to pull the unit off the wall and unplug and replug the power.  This can’t be the solution and I need a fix that’s permanent.  After day or so it repeats.

I won’t be buying Sonos again. Spent so much money on kit and my arc keeps cutting out

Samsung and Sonos firmware updated yet and can’t even watch some freeview channels 

sonos support said to use the optical cable this was fine for a while but audio keeps cutting out. Wi-Fi is all ok in my house no problems there 

Avoid Sonos and Samsung at all costs 

same Issue Here. I Have Sony A80J , I cant watch any Movie with Atmos sound. 

What source App are you using? If it’s Netflix, then ensure you have their (higher level) premium subscription and that Dolby Atmos is shown near to the title of the TV/Show - Also what is the current audio output that’s showing on the now playing screen in the Sonos App when you’re playing any Atmos source?

Userlevel 1

Had this for about a month now. Very annoying. Resetting the whole system has been done without it doing anything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Ugotsurbed, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

@Nickkettt 

You perhaps may also find this thread helpful …