Answered

Sonos Arc and LG Oled C7V

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi All,

I have an LG Oled C7V (2017 year) and Sonos Playbar. Looking for upgrade to Sonos Arc, but have a question related to newly supported formats (Atmos, TrueHD etc). there is a note that TV should support eARC which is supported with HDMI 2.1. But according to various articles i have read, the HDMI 2.0b also supports Dolby Atmos. Questions - will i get all the Sonos features working with my TV?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 May 2022, 15:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

According to this thread, you should be able to get Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos audio from the TV’s native Netflix app. I would guess you could probably get it from Prime Video and VUDU too. But I’m not sure if the C7 can pass through lossy Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus) from an external media device. I know for certain that you won’t be able to get lossless audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, multichannel PCM, and lossless Dolby Atmos (via Dolby TrueHD) because your TV isn’t equipped with HDMI eARC. These lossless audio formats are commonly used on Blu-ray discs.

What apps do you use? Do you have any external media devices?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the answer. From time to time I connect a PC for games. Usually PC provides Dolby Digital 5.1 as a PCM (but unfortunately compressed to 2.0 as optical bandwidth is not enough) and I also have a NAS with my movie library (mkvs with DD5.1 AC3 and DTS(which again, doesn’t work)

preferably, I want to be able to play movies with highest 5.1 quality (Dolby Atmos and TrueHD, 8 ch, 3243 Kbps) and play games in 5.1