Sonos Arc

• 10 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to run my Amazon firestick through my LG TV into my Sonos Arc and still have the ability of using my audio receiver. I can pair my TV with the arc and plugging in my firestick into the back of the tv. No problem but then i have nothing with my receiver. I plug the firestick into the receiver and lose the tv connection with my Sonos arc. Is there the ability to use both? Any help would be appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What purpose does the receiver serve? Trying to understand why you’d want to feed both the Arc and the receiver. 

As a random comment, the Sonos requires an ARC signal to work, your receiver may or may not….

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No Sonos soundbar is meant to work with a receiver. You could try to use an optical connection. Question is why you would want this.

I am trying to run my Amazon firestick through my LG TV into my Sonos Arc and still have the ability of using my audio receiver. I can pair my TV with the arc and plugging in my firestick into the back of the tv. No problem but then i have nothing with my receiver. I plug the firestick into the receiver and lose the tv connection with my Sonos arc. Is there the ability to use both? Any help would be appreciated

For your second scenario, firestick plugged to the receiver, is the Arc still connected to the TVs HDMI-ARC port?  The ARc will play whatever audio it receivers from the TV, and the TV would not know that the receiver is playing audio.  Most  likely, your receiver isn’t sending audio to the TV, and thus TV can’t send it to Arc.

You could get an HDMI splitter, with the fireTV  sending a signal to the receiver and to the TV (and thus Arc) at the same time.  That should solve the problem.  However, if your expecting your receiver and Arc to play in perfect sync, I don’t that will happen.  What do you want to continue using your receiver for?