Answered

Sonos amp using play1s as front for surround

• 30 December 2018
  • 1 reply

This is a problem that i don't think many will face. Anyway I have it.
I just bought the new amp. It works great and is connected to two speakers fl and fr and a sub. I am using two Play1s I already owned and grouped them all together as "living room". I have my turntable connected as line in and my mac mini htpc uses Airplay2 to stream to the Amp. All great so far. I am enjoying the music.

My issue is that my HTPC uses a projector to project the image to the opposite wall in my room. So, I have the speakers connected to the Amp actually behind me and the Play1s in from when I watch movies. I am using the virtual surround and it all works well except the speakers are flipped. Is there any way I can use the two play1s as my front speakers and the connected to the Amp as my rear ones?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 December 2018, 05:37

Certainly not in the Sonos software, and I'm not aware of any third party software that would do that, either.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Certainly not in the Sonos software, and I'm not aware of any third party software that would do that, either.