SONOS 7.1 Surround Sound System

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Everyone is wasting their breath. It ain't happening. Enjoy your 1970's Dolby 5.1 and forget about it.
Badge +1
In the good news/ bad news department, first the good news: the new Apple TV 4 Specs released this week feature DD 7.1. The bad news is they eliminated the optical out port!
Userlevel 3
Come on everybody, add your voice to a SONOS 7.1 need,... the more that join the request, the more chance it will become reality,..... COME ON SONOS
Userlevel 3
I've got the 5.1 and if Sonos did add a true 7.1 experience into the mix I'd be tempted to buy 2 more play 1, especially if they finally did what the people wanted and support DTS ..... COME ON SONOS
Userlevel 3
Hi Rich, Yes 7.1 can be put through optical, my old Sony system does that, and Dolby DTS supports 7.1 output. SONOS currently only spports 5.1 so an update to Playbar would/should allow the addition of two more channels of output, if 'SONY, Panasonic, Samsung etc all do it, then SONOS needs to catch up,....
Userlevel 3
This may be a stupid question but can you do 7.1 through optical and does standard Dolby digital (not true HD of plus) support 7.1.?