Sonos 5.1 Recommendation

• 29 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
I am in the process of buying a new tv and setting up a Sonos 5.1 system. Currently I have a Playbar, Sub and two Play 1s.

The TV I am most likely going to buy is the Sony XBR-65X930D. Does this have the Dolby Digital pass through? I am not sure what I am looking for to determine if it does.

Also I was planning on using an articulating mount but I am unsure if I can attach the playbar to it. I see that Flexson makes a mount but I have not seen any reviews of it. Any thoughts on it?

Any other pointers I should keep in mind when designing the system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

My older Sony TVs worked fine with Sonos when I had them. I'd find it unusual if they'd have changed the HDMI pass through. I've got one of the Flexson units to hold the playbar, and it works fine. Not the world's most secure mounting of the Playbar to the mount, but then again, it never gets touched, so it's fine. I'd have loved a screw to secure it, being in earthquake country, but it would still be hard to imagine it coming loose without someone bumping it fairly hard.