Sky Q remote control

• 24 July 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Sonos Beam and Sky Remote

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
My Sky Q Remote only works if I’m a few feet from the Beam....it works the TV volume up and down but because it’s switched to “ audio system “ it won’t raise or lower the volume from any distance???
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Is that the touch remote or the standard one.

Personally I rarely use the touch remote and treat it like an unexploded bomb when I do. The standard remote works fine on my playbar from any distance, and this should be the same for the Beam.
Userlevel 2
Badge
It’s the touch.....it works fine about 2 feet from the Beam but no further....really annoying as I watch tv from my bed....talking to Alexa in the middle of the night is just nuts....always worked fine on my last sound bar.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Is there anything in front of the Beam?

Can you try rerunning the steps in this article and let us know if things improve:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3402?language=en
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi
No , nothing in front of the Beam...I’ve reset the remote a few times now but, it still only works when I’m virtually on top of the unit.....I aim remote from about 12 feet and the tv volume indicator functions but the Beam only responds to voice commands...
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Silly, but have you tried new batteries in the remote?
SkyQ 2tb comes with 2 remotes, have you tried the non touch remote. SkyQ remotes are about £20 if you don't have it.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi
Thank you for your tips....tried more than one remote ,including the Sony one...no joy....on the phone right now with Sonos help...tried a few things but not luck