Question

Simple question: is Deezer Elite available to Sonos users in the USA?

• 12 December 2014
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Deezer Music Service

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Interesting rant about Deezer on a Sonos board.
i think Deezer is a rip off!!!!!!!! i signed up for the 30 days free subscription and I been trying to unsubscribe for over two weeks now and havent been able to unsubscribed. I email Deezer 5x to cancel my subscription but they won't cancel .......they just want to keep sending me a email saying my payment didnt go through. DUHHHHHHH......my payment didn't go through because i filed false use of my card with my bank because i didn't authorized you to use it. I been trying to cancel my subscription and your won't cancel it but you want me to pay for something I don't WANT!!!!!!!
YOUR ARE A RIPOFF!!!!! WHY IS IT THAT I HAVE TO EMAIL YOU 6 TIMES TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION AND YOU STILL WON'T DO IT BUT YOU KEEP TRYING TO CHARGE MY CARD!!!!! I saved every email and submitted it to my bank so they can see i never authorized your to charge my card. your are a fraud!!!!! CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for all the help, John!
Agreed, great work John.

It does sound like giving us a call would be best. There might be an issue with the external IP address your system has, or possible the DNS servers it's going through.
Thanks for all the help, John!
Sorry, I'm out of ideas. There is no question that Deezer Elite is available in US, please see link below. You might try rebooting router and Sonos units (it's amazing what that often fixes), otherwise try calling Sonos Support

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/10/6123337/deezer-arrives-in-the-united-states-streaming-music-audiophiles
Yes -- registered to US address.
Happens on phone when not connected to wireless. I have a Sonos login, and the system set up. Not positive that equals "registered" however. I will look around and see what I can find in my Sonos account. thanks!
Further thought. Is your Sonos system registered to a US address? Have you registered your Sonos system, period?
Clutching at straws now, but phone also connected via Comcast?
Good thought, but it's happening from my phone as well.
Could the geographical settingso n your computerb e set to something other than the US?
When i try to order through Deezer, this is what i get from going to Deezer.com:
COMING SOON...
Deezer, the streaming music service, will soon be available in your country.

I'm on my regular Comcast network at home.
Ah. I think maybe you have to already have a Deezer premium+ account @ before you upgrade through Sonos.
OK. That seems the right way to go... Yet it still then says that the service is unavailable? Through the app is how I managed to add it to my Sonos. There's plenty of evidence on the web that Elite is available to Sonos in the US
through the app -- which leads me to the deezer site.
I'm in the UK so the position may be different, but have you been trying to create the Deezer account outside of Sonos or by adding the servicet through the Sonos controller app?
Whenever I try to register (in the US) it tells me it is not yet available in my country. I wonder if a similar issue drove the original question. I have yet to be able to get this to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I believe Deezer "Elite" is exclusive right now to USA.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Harlan, 
It sure is. You can find some more information about Deezer Elite and Sonos here
Thanks for reaching out, and please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Warmest regards, Lesli