Answered

sick to death with sonos

• 12 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Contributor III
  • 3 replies
Had this system for years. Started with Playbase and Play 1 x 2. Multiple problems. Absolutely baffling.
Changed to Sonos one x 2. Multiple problems. ANYONE READING THIS DO NOT BUY SONOS. You will have a lifetime of insoluble problems. Sonos community not much good. Lot’s of trolling and ridiculous advice. Sonos help desk not much better. Current problem; so simple but is there anywhere to find out how to how to solve it. No. Apparently. Spent hours looking. Problem; the Playbase is too loud in relation to the Sonos one’s. The Sonos one’s need to have their volume increased without increasing the volume of the Playbase. Simple. Trolls; do not tell me to use the buttons on the speakers. This: OBVIOUSLY, puts the volume up on the Playbase and the one’s. This should be so simple but Sonos are totally useless with instructions, any instructions. DO NOT BUY SON0S.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 12 August 2019, 22:51

Here's the support document with details of where to do it in the Sonos app.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Bit of trolling yourself, there mate!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Had this system for years. Started with Playbase and Play 1 x 2. Multiple problems. Absolutely baffling.
Changed to Sonos one x 2. Multiple problems. ANYONE READING THIS DO NOT BUY SONOS. You will have a lifetime of insoluble problems. Sonos community not much good. Lot’s of trolling and ridiculous advice. Sonos help desk not much better. Current problem; so simple but is there anywhere to find out how to how to solve it. No. Apparently. Spent hours looking. Problem; the Playbase is too loud in relation to the Sonos one’s. The Sonos one’s need to have their volume increased without increasing the volume of the Playbase. Simple. Trolls; do not tell me to use the buttons on the speakers. This: OBVIOUSLY, puts the volume up on the Playbase and the one’s. This should be so simple but Sonos are totally useless with instructions, any instructions. DO NOT BUY SON0S.

It is simple. Go to the room settings and you can adjust the volume of the surround speakers relative to the main speaker, your playbase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Here's the support document with details of where to do it in the Sonos app.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
BUY SONOS - IT’S GREAT.

My Playbase and One’s have consistently worked well and reliably once I got them set up properly.

I also used the control in the settings to adjust the volume of the One’s to match the volume of the Playbase for both music playback and for TV sound. This can be set to different levels for each and it’s really simple to do. (It’s an app setting, by the way, and nothing to do with the physical buttons on the speakers.)

But in summary, let me repeat: BUY SONOS.