Answered

Short delay between Playbar and Play:1

• 7 December 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi,

My setup in the living room is with playbar and L+R sonos as rear speakers.

When I listen to music, the sound between those three devices is synced. But as the music plays, a short slap back delay between playbar and the two rear speakers suddenly appear. It sound like the speaker on a race track or a stadium (adds a little live concert feeling, but that special effect doesn’t fit every song - and i would like to control the stadium feeling myself at least...)

If I just stop and start the music in the sonos app, it all sync again, but after a handfull of songs, the delay is back.

It doesn’t seem like the delay is getting longer and longer, it just sounds like it gets out of sync - and stay the same way until I stop and start the music again.

The setup has worked properly for about 6 months, but the problem has occurred every time I play music the last couple of months.

It doesn’t seem to be a problem when I use it for surround sound from the TV though.

I have tried to change the music settings in surround settings, but that doesn’t seem to fix the problem.

Hope somebody can help :-)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 December 2019, 18:57

I *think* this is the same issue that has been discussed in several threads in the Troubleshooting area of the forum. When you initiate the music stream, are you doing it in another room, and grouping the PLAYBAR room with it? 

If so, the current workaround appears to be to initiate the music from the PLAYBAR room, and group the other room(s) with it, while Sonos continues to investigate the issue, and hopefully resolve it in an upcoming update.

However, if you’re not playing music in at least two rooms, it may not be this issue, and I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I *think* this is the same issue that has been discussed in several threads in the Troubleshooting area of the forum. When you initiate the music stream, are you doing it in another room, and grouping the PLAYBAR room with it? 

If so, the current workaround appears to be to initiate the music from the PLAYBAR room, and group the other room(s) with it, while Sonos continues to investigate the issue, and hopefully resolve it in an upcoming update.

However, if you’re not playing music in at least two rooms, it may not be this issue, and I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Having this exact issue.  Delay is within a single  room, not multiple rooms.  Music is initially in sync but will “drift” out of sync after playing for a bit (15-20 mins it becomes noticeable).

I’ve had this system in its current configuration for over a year and just started seeing this issue in the past 2-3 months.  

Completely destroys the Sonos experience, as I’m constantly starting and stopping my music stream to keep it synced.

Here is one of the multiple threads in which Sonos reps have indicated that they are working on it:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/music-audio-sync-issues-with-playbase-6833195

Thanks so much!  Was having trouble finding the exact issue on the forums.  

They’ve been over the last week or so, probably not easily found, given the search function on this board. I remembered Ryan had replied in several threads, that one appears to be his most recent, but I didn’t go back further to find the others. 

They’ve been over the last week or so, probably not easily found, given the search function on this board. I remembered Ryan had replied in several threads, that one appears to be his most recent, but I didn’t go back further to find the others. 

Thanks Airgetlam. It seems to solve the issue. Everything has been in sync for a couple of hours now. That’s a new record since the problem occurred for the first time.
Best, Lasse

Glad the work around is working. I’m expecting the true fix will come along in an upcoming update, but I’ve got no idea when, or even if it’s in the next one, or the one after that. Sonos usually doesn’t share what will be in an update, probably because any specific thing might get pulled during testing.