Answered

Setup Problem

• 10 July 2020
  • 3 replies

When trying to configure surround system with Beam and 2  Sonos SL, I have the Beam working and the Sonos SL working fine independently.  I then factory reset the Sonos SL and go through the process to add them to be surround sound with the Beam and get through the process.  At the very end the following error shows up:

! Setup problem.  There was a problem preparing your speakers.  Please check your network connection or the power on your products in this room.  Try again or Not now.

I have gone through this cycle numerous times.  Everything works fine independently, but when I try to add as surround, I encounter the problem. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 10 July 2020, 20:52

Just as a temporary measure, can you plug the SL’s to Ethernet cable for the setup? It has cured comm’s problems for others.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Just as a temporary measure, can you plug the SL’s to Ethernet cable for the setup? It has cured comm’s problems for others.

Thank you.  This resolved the issue.  Very much appreciate the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Glad you’re sorted. Now enjoy!