Answered

Settings on Apple 4K TV for 5.1

• 11 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hey guys

Just picked up at ATV 4K and I cannot figure out the settings for it to pass 5.1. I have it hooked up to a Samsung Q7F QLED tv. My Xbox one and PS4 are having no issues with 5.1. When I go into setting on the TV it will not let me select Dolby. I have tried different cables and inputs with no luck. I have Dolby 5.1 selected on ATVs audio output. Anyone have this problem or solutions?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 July 2018, 01:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Bruce is correct... Samsung won't give you the option to select Dolby Digital output unless the TV is receiving a DD signal. Watching a movie through Netflix or Amazon on the Apple TV should be in Dolby Digital. Some trailers might only have stereo audio, and that could still be PCM.
On many TVs, and I’m not sure about yours specifically, you can’t select Dolby Digital unless it is being pushed a Dolby Digital signal, which I don’t think the menu screen does. Try playing a movie or trailer and see if the setting is selectable at that time on your TV.
I have tried it. Anyone know if direct tv now puts out 5.1?