Answered

Setting One SL speakers as surround sound

• 8 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m new to Sonos. I have a soundbar on the way (Sonos arc) but USPS has it somewhere. In the meantime, I’m trying to setup my one SLs as surround sound, but it is not giving me the option. I’ve attached a screen shot of what my system currently looks like in the Sonos app. 

Any ideas why I cannot set this up?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 June 2021, 02:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

When your Arc arrives and you have added it to your system, you need to remove the Sub from ’Living Room 2” and then goto ‘Settings/System/[Arc Room Name]” …in there you will see you can setup your One SL’s as surrounds and also bond the Sub to the Arc aswell. The whole setup will then appear in your S2 Controller App as one ‘room’.

Userlevel 7

You cannot set up the One SLs as surround speakers without a Sonos home theater product like a Beam, Arc, or Amp. Do you mean setting them up as a stereo pair?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1066?language=en_US

That’s what I needed to know…that I wasn’t able to do this until the arc arrived. My TV has the ability to use internal speakers and blue tooth surround, but it couldn’t find the One SLs as a connectable device. I have been able to set them as a stereo pair but guess I will have to wait on the arc before I can completely set this up. Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, hope your Arc gets there soon …and don’t forget to unpair the existing speakers before setting up your HT surround system. All the best.