Question

seriously disappointed

Hi 

I have a new 50 inch Philips 50PUS6754 And have for the last two days attempted to connect a Sonos beam via arc hdmi to work with it

i have also searched  the web and bearing in mind i am an older gent whereby lifting a 50 inch tv off a wall multiple time is not a favourite pastime. I have noticed multiple Sonos

beam users express the same disappointing experience I have had and that Can’t  be good for the brand name. I really like Sonos equipment I just want it to work

in fairness it did for two days then all of a sudden nada from the Sonos beam except when the the tv is off and I listen to music.  I have reconfigured the tv and Sonos multiple times and now I simply feel dejected and having spent £400 to achieve nothing in the way of my listening experience. When I use the app it

1 does not see a signal or hdmi arc not working

2 it does not recognise an optical output either

for a Sound bar costing  £400 this is totally unacceptable. I have sadly disposed of the packaging or I would return it to the retailer but that Avenue is cut off

yours Bitterly disappointed  
Thomas Armstrong 

2 replies

Thomas,

May I suggest that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it? They would have access to much better information than the community would, and might be able to assist you much more quickly than a back and forth conversation on a community forum. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

If it was working for two, it’s likely your TV stopped sending a signal over HDMI-ARC.  Sometimes a cold reboot of the TV resolves this (unplug the TV for a few seconds).  It’s also possible that something else connected to the TV via HDMI is messing with the CEC communication between Beam and TV.  What else is connected to the TV?