serial number lookup

• 1 December 2022
  • 9 replies

There’s an Sonos arc for sale locally and I wanted to know if it was the real deal.

Mod edit: picture of serial number removed

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So what's your question to the community?

This Community does not have access to a list of owners or serial numbers. If you click on a Community member’s name you may see a list of units that they are reporting, but I do not expect this list to be completely accurate and it does not include serial numbers.

I have a Sonos ARC and I do not know how to tell if it’s a gen-1 or gen-2 version.  

How can I reliably determine what version it is? 

About my system says…      Hardware Version: 1.27.1.12-1.2

Series ID A103

Please let me know if these indicate gen1 or gen2.

thx

I purchased the arc in 2022 from SONOS ($100.00 off).  

the label on the box it came in (along with the serial number has this:

ARCG1US1BLK.      this makes me think it is a gen-1.    ….??

Userlevel 7

I have a Sonos ARC and I do not know how to tell if it’s a gen-1 or gen-2 version.  

How can I reliably determine what version it is? 

About my system says…      Hardware Version: 1.27.1.12-1.2

Series ID A103

Please let me know if these indicate gen1 or gen2.

thx

The Arc does not have a 2nd generation. 

Thx Mr.T!!    Surfing around now...see there is much reference to Gen-2 but only as far as wish-list stuff.

Generally speaking...do you know a reliable way to check on what version/generation all my other SONOS gear is?    What all the numbers mean in the SONOS System Info in ‘About My System’?

Thanks again!!

Phil

Userlevel 7

Thx Mr.T!!    Surfing around now...see there is much reference to Gen-2 but only as far as wish-list stuff.

Generally speaking...do you know a reliable way to check on what version/generation all my other SONOS gear is?    What all the numbers mean in the SONOS System Info in ‘About My System’?

Thanks again!!

Phil

Hi Phil,

The easiest way is to log in to your Sonos account online and check under System

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

All the numbers info in the app just confirms hardware version etc. I wouldn’t necessarily use that to determine generation as there are easier ways.

You can also look at the label on your actual device (easier on speakers like the One). The 2nd generation of products will state Gen 2 after the Product name.

In the full serial number (not simply the MAC Address) the first four characters give the date of manufacture.

You can also go to Settings → System → About My System and check the Series ID. Minor production changes will be tracked in Hardware Version. There is no documentation about this, but I’ve noticed that the initial release Series ID is usually D100. A new series would be D200, etc.

Thanks Buzz.    Good to have the community!!