Answered

Semi wireless speakers for a projector

• 10 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello All!!!

I was hoping someone can help me with info on speakers for a projector. I own an Epson Moviemate 62 and am looking for other options for speakers, wireless or semi-wireless. I’m currently using a Sony digital audio/video control center with 5 speakers. I don’t mind things being wired near the unit but trying to get “surround sound” leaves me with yards of speaker wire around my patio for a rear set of speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This unit has been a staple in my home for about 8 years and would love to update with new speakers. Below is an image of the back of the moviemate showing available hook ups. I typically use DVDs but am also hoping to use a firestick pending speakers setup.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 June 2021, 21:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

At the end of the day, Sonos is not the ideal solution for projectors, since the Sonos device needs to be wired to the audio output, and ends up not being underneath the screen, which is where you expect the sound to come from. 

It’s been covered in many threads if you do a search.

In general, given your particular projector, the recommendation would be to use an HDMI switch to pull the audio out, and use an optical connector to go to a Sonos sound bar of some type, and use the HDMI output from that switch to feed your projector.

But this still leaves you with a long cable running from the HDMI switch to the speaker, which should be located under the screen, hence the fact that Sonos doesn’t make a great solution for this kind of thing.

I’d be looking elsewhere, to be honest.