Samsung wifi connection to my Sonos amps.

• 28 November 2022
  • 9 replies

I have a Samsung Frame tv. In the same area, I have 2 Sonos amps connected to ceiling speakers. I can't connect a cable from my tv to my amps. What is the cheapest way to have my tv sendind the sound signal to my amps?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

There isn’t one.

You’d need to connect an HDMI cable from the ARC ouput of the Frame TV to one of the Amps (the one controlling your front speakers). The Amp driving your rears would connect to the one driving your Amp in front using a 5Ghz channel. 

You would need to find a TV that can send multichannel audio in HDMI-ARC format wirelessly.  I am not sure if one exists but it isn’t something I have really looked into.  I very much doubt it though.

There isn’t one.

You’d need to connect an HDMI cable from the ARC ouput of the Frame TV to one of the Amps (the one controlling your front speakers). The Amp driving your rears would connect to the one driving your Amp in front using a 5Ghz channel. 

The 2 Amps ate too far and complicated to fish a cable to.  I can't do this.

Thaks...

You would need to find a TV that can send multichannel audio in HDMI-ARC format wirelessly.  I am not sure if one exists but it isn’t something I have really looked into.  I very much doubt it though.

It's too early to replace this tv.

Thanks...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not at all sure if it would work in your case, but this device seems capable of sending HDMI-ARC over wifi: https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=14772 Not that it's cheap though…...

Not at all sure if it would work in your case, but this device seems capable of sending HDMI-ARC over wifi: https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=14772 Not that it's cheap though…...

Yes, not sure it would work.  I was actually looking at a similar product "Sounsend" which has very good reviews.  It can communicate with a whole bunch of brands except Sonos.  Anyway, at this price I think I can just purchase the cheapest Sonos sound bar (CAD300), connect it to the tv and it should communicate with Sonos amp. I was looking for something less wasteful.

Thanks...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What's a CAD300?

I think that is $300 Canadian, but I’m not sure….

What's a CAD300?

CAD= Canadian dollar.  The actual price is CAD350.