Question

Samsung TV remote only works when I’m standing?!?

• 27 November 2019
  • 1 reply

So I just purchased a Samsung qled TV QN75Q70RA and the Sonos Playbar. I went through the instructions to connect the TV remote to the Playbar and it connected. The problem is that the remote only communicates with the Playbar when I’m standing. No joke, the second I sit on my couch, the volume control doesn’t work. No matter where I angle the remote(hold it high, sideways, whatever) it doesn’t work. But when I stand up, it works fine. I have the Playbar laying in front of the TV on a stand. I’ve tried unplugging and restarting multiple times with no success. 
You can imagine how upsetting this is so and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There could be some sort of interfering light source (or reflection) originating from behind your listening position. While standing, this light source is blocked. I know that this sounds far fetched, but I have experienced similar. In my case it depended on time of day (position of the sun reflected off the back wall).

Also, as a test, place a book or magazine on top of PLAYBAR that will cast a shadow on its IR sensor. Sometimes light from the TV can interfere with IR communication.