Question

Samsung televisions JS and JU series and Arc Surround Set

• 22 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi
I'm thinking of buying a Surround Set (Arc, Sub gen3, 2xOne SL) but what I can see on the forum are people with Samsung JS / JU Model TVs Audio Issue with the old PLAYBAR

Is there anyone here who can help and inform me if the Surround Set vill works with my Samsung JS8005 series

It will probably not work with Dolby Atmos but will it play out of all the speakers example in surround sound mode

thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @volcano.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos. You may check this article that will describe some basic TV requirements for Sonos home theater speakers.  Sonos Arc supports the playback of Dolby Atmos audio via Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. You can find more information on playing Atmos audio through Arc in our Dolby Atmos article.

Nevertheless, this can be best answered by those who are also using exactly the same devices, and hopefully, someone who does will stop by and be able to help you, and some of the community members might provide their own recommendations and opinion about this anytime soon.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.