Answered

Samsung 2014 60 inch smart tv compatibility

• 3 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Is my tv compatible for the home theater with the arc bar?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 January 2021, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Is my tv compatible for the home theater with the arc bar?

What’s the TV model number?

I’m not home at the moment but I believe it’s a 6400. Has smart hub optical out etc. have it hooked up to Apple TV 4

In general, there are several ‘things’ needed. 

1. In order of importance, an optical port, an ARC connection, or an eARC connection. Any one of those will work.
  2. The ability of the TV to pass through, again in order of importance, a Dolby Digital signal, a Dolby Digital Plus signal, or a TrueHD/MAT signal. The first would be significant for the optical, the second would be for ARC, and the third would be significant for eARC. The latter two carry Atmos, in different forms.

Ken’s question is to enable him to look up the specs of the TV to confirm what it is capable of, and if it makes sense to connect to an Arc. 

Apple TV HD 1586 32 gig is what I have 

Rodrigjc

@Airgetlam has summed things up nicely for you, it will come down to the precise TV model. I have looked for Samsung 6400 2014 and I can’t be sure which model relates to your TV, but as long as it has an optical-out port and supports Dolby Digital 5.1 - it should mean you will get 5.0 channel audio-out from the Arc. If it has an HDMI-ARC port, then you will have Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) options to power on/off the TV and control the Arc’s volume with the TV remote and have possible voice control too.

If you want to check your actual TV model and post it back here, then I’m sure either I, or someone else will get back to you to perhaps confirm the TV’s potential capability.