Answered

Rear surround not working when playing music

• 1 February 2018
  • 16 replies

Hello,

I have a playbar, sub and two play 1 As rear surround. The play 1’s work when the TV is on however they are not working when playing music through the playbar from the app.

On the older version of the app there was a setting under room settings to have the surrounds on when playing music from the app. This appears to have disappeared... any ideas?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 9 November 2018, 18:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes you need to make sure they are set to FULL mode.

go to settings>Room settings>playbar>Advanced Audio>Surround Settings ... set Music Playback option from Ambient to Full.
I am having the same problem. What Chris suggested is no longer an option. Please return this function.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Yes, it is still an option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It has not been removed. It is there. Not sure why you think it is not.
I don't think the option is available from the desktop anymore, but it certainly is available from the mobile app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I know. I thought maybe it was one of thendesktop guys who like to come in threads and go “I can’t find an option” “oh I can do that on desktop”... proceed in blasting Sonos for their entertainment”
Take it easy guys. Following your steps (where it was before) it no long exits as an option.
And the screen before in the options to show that it does have surround
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What happens if you reboot speakers. Make sure on latest version.
I would submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here. Something is not right.
Badge +2
I have the same problem. Some of the options previously available have disappeared from Settings so I am unable to make any adjustments to the volume of the rear speakers in a Dolby 5.0 setup with a Sonos Beam and two Play Ones. Some sort of software glitch I guess...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What is controller version saying in about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And what operating system are you running. Some older devices are limited.
Badge +2
Same system as yesterday when it was working.
Alrighty, I updated my phone and nothing changed, reinstalled my app, nothing changed, then restarted and tuned the room again (may not have needed to do that) and presto, it’s back.

Thanks for the help, the restart wins.
Badge +2
Tried a reinstall and restart on my iPad. No joy. I'll contact the help desk.