Answered

Rear In Ceiling Speakers

• 31 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey Guys,

After some help here. My wife is keen on me replacing my 2 Sonos One rear speakers with in ceiling speakers to make our Sonos Arc surround system more discrete.

I wanted to find out whether it was possible using a Sonos Amp to have the 2 Sonance in ceiling speakers as Sonos Arc surrounds (Will the Sonos Amp with its speakers just add to the existing Sonos Arc + Sub system)?

Also, can anyone assist with what the sound quality is like compared to Sonos Ones? If you have a Sonos Arc + Sub system, is it a reasonable expectation that the in ceiling speakers will sound as good when playing music and watching surround movies?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 August 2021, 14:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can use the Amp/two in-ceiling speakers as surrounds with the Arc. 

The Amp will connect wirelessly to the Arc. Here is some info on setting up the Amp as surrounds:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4717?language=en_US

The biggest difference between the Ones and the in-ceiling speakers would be the speaker location. Most users prefer in-wall or Ones as surrounds because you can position the speakers at ear level which is usually recommended when positioning rear surround speakers.