Projector wireless connection to Beam?

• 31 December 2018
  • 10 replies

Hi,
I have a projector setup with the audio connected to a beam using a HDMI cable - works well. However I now need to hide the cables...
Before I resort to abusing my walls (the house is very old) I was hoping someone would have a solution to a more wireless option? I've tried a "wirelesstv2" however that didnt work.
Would a sonos amp wired up to the projector and then grouped with the beam work? Would it introduce too much delay?
Any other bright ideas...?
Thanks in advance,
Iain

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Hello.

So, I want to achieve the same, but I don't have any Sonos product yet until I can confirm it works.

I was thinking on having an Apple TV connected via HDMI to the Projector + audio output via Airplay 2 to a Sonos device (this way: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809#appletv )

Have anyone tested this? Will this work without delay between picture and sound?

I actually have a very similar setup - 

Apple TV 4k in the ceiling connected HDMI to Epson PowerLite 1795F projector. 

Two Sonos:One speakers grouped together. 

Apple TV streaming audio output to the Sonos group. 

No delay - works great

BUT some apps don’t support this well. E.g. Sling doesn’t support this at all

.Youtube requires some fidgeting and sometimes goes back to HDMI out instead of Airplay

BTW Apple people say only HomePod is supported for airplay audio out which sounds like classic CYA to me…

I’m considering adding a Beam, moving the Apple TV next to it, splitting the HDMI so audio goes to Apple TV and Video goes to projector, and using a wireless HDMI extender, to make this a more robust setup that always works (plus has a Beam...)

Hello.

So, I want to achieve the same, but I don't have any Sonos product yet until I can confirm it works.

I was thinking on having an Apple TV connected via HDMI to the Projector + audio output via Airplay 2 to a Sonos device (this way: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809#appletv )

Have anyone tested this? Will this work without delay between picture and sound?
Hello, I have an optima projector with 2 hdmi ports and 1 regular headphone jack port. I have xbox and fire stick connected to hdmi and the headphone jack is connected to my Sonos connect and then transmits to 2 play 1 speaker. I have issues where audio will drop out randomly. Sometime not at all. And sometimes every several minutes. If I compress the audio it goes away but who wants to watch tv with a few millisecond audio delay. I am also looking for suggestions so audio cut out goes away entirely. Been dealing with this for several years now and found no solution
Which, I suppose, needs to be supported by the projector first. Or you'd need an optical port on the projector to connect to the Beam.
I don't see anything in that article that suggests that it supports HDMI-ARC.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I've got the same question. Saw this wireless hdmi option on wirecutter, but can't tell if it'll work
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-wireless-hdmi-video-transmitter/
I am looking to run a projector Beam combo off my laptop for outdoor movies this summer. Do you have any recommendations on projector that works well with the Beam?
Thanks for response I didn't see you had replied 😕...
I would have thought a lot of people would have similar issues, i guess will have to just run the wire...
I'd say the lack of responses is indicative of no great solution.

No, a Sonos Amp wired to the projector and then grouped with the Beam wouldn't work.
Bumping in the hope someone might have a good idea...