Answered

Projector to Sonos connect

• 24 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I would like connect my Optoma HD27e projector + Apple TV with Sonos One's. The reason why I do ask this question is that due to some problems (no idea why it is happening), I am not able to stream all the sound from Apple TV via Airplay to Sonos. Some apps do work nicely, some apps send the audio to HDMI only and there is no way to make them play via Airplay. So my imaginery plan is to let Apple TV play everything to HDMI (projector) and connect the audio from the projector to Sonos. Just to make it sure, I do not plan to buy now or in the near future the beam, so I am looking for a solution clearly to Sonos One.

What I would like to do is to connect projector to Sonos Connect and then to stream the sound to Sonos One. Is this solution feasible? If not, would that be possible with Sonos Amp? If so, will there be any audio delay?

Thanks for all the advices!
icon

Best answer by airforceteacher 24 June 2019, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Yes, this will work (projector to connect, connect to Ones)
Yes, there will a delay. Most people on this board will call it unacceptable. You may not. The only way to be sure is try it. I used something similar in a temporary situation when I was renting a room for a while, and it was acceptable for watching TV (TV into cheaply DAC into connect, Connect driving powered speakers, Play:3 sitting in a window seat as a very low tech bass enhancer. But I surf the Internet a lot while watching TV, so I may not always catch when the voice doesn’t match the lips.
Perfect answer! Thank you very much for you help.