Projector screen

• 29 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying a projector screen just for my 3.1 by 3.6m bedroom. What brand/product would recommend?

I am looking at connecting it to my brand new Sonos play5 (gen2) system. What are all the ways I can connect it up? from the cheapest budget option .... to the high end option where my sound quality isn't lost. But probably looking at. Cheapest option with biggest image possible.

Also worth noting looking into a getting to play1 speakers to create a soround sound system in my room.

Thank you for your time.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
Again I am just looking to use my play5 with a projector screen in my room, so might just loooking into other connection cable adapters.

So what projector screen would you recommend for 3.1x3,6
The Playbar is designed for this sort of use, the P:5 isn't. Specifically, you cannot create a surround system based on a P:5, you can with a Playbar.
I have a projector set up in my living room, and the one thing I can tell you is most projectors only have two options for audio: optical out, or HDMI. The only Sonos product I know of that can use both is the Playbar, and the only other one that can use optical is a CONNECT Amp. Those are your choices for getting a truly "wireless" setup. If you can scout Amazon or eBay, I'm sure you can find a good projector for around $400 -$700 USD.The Playbar doesn't have HDMI. The Connect:Amp doesn't have optical. The Connect does have optical, but it is an output not an input.
Badge
I have a projector set up in my living room, and the one thing I can tell you is most projectors only have two options for audio: optical out, or HDMI. The only Sonos product I know of that can use both is the Playbar, and the only other one that can use optical is a CONNECT Amp. Those are your choices for getting a truly "wireless" setup. If you can scout Amazon or eBay, I'm sure you can find a good projector for around $400 -$700 USD.