Answered

Projector, new Apple TV 4k and Sonos One (not beam) or maybe Sonos Roam?

• 14 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I just ordered a projector and the newest apple tv 4k. Since I'm already a happy Sonos user (basically just have two Play:1 units), I would love to continue with that.

From my research I figured that I have these options:

• Connect the ATV to bluetooth, for instance a sonos roam and then group the roam w. the other older units which – as I understand would make all of them play?

• Connect the ATV via Airplay 2, for instance to a Sonos One.. I heard that is has the caveat of having to re-connect every time, but might provide a better solution?

I know that this is not what the above equipment was designed to do, so not looking for that kind of input.

The whole idea of the projector setup is to have a big screen when I need it and then tuck it away when not using it and soundwise I want to be able to use the speakers for music as well.

Any constructive input on the above?

Thanks in advance
Lars

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 June 2021, 15:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In both scenarios, you’d likely need to reconnect every time. Neither method carries anything more than a stereo signal. I believe AirPlay 2 is a broader signal than Bluetooth, both would have the potential for lipsync issues with little remedy if so.