Projector, Beam & Xbox Setup (no HDMI ARC)

• 26 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

Ok, so need some advice on the most ideal setup for the following,

1. Playing TV through the Xbox one

2. Playing the visuals through a projector (with only two standard HDMI inputs)

3. Playing the audio through the Sonos Beam and Play 1’s

The obvious restriction here is there is no HDMI ARC input for the projector. Therefore, transferring the audio to the beam from the Xbox is causing me issues.
The video from Xbox to projector is via HDMI - but how do I go about connecting the Sonos beam for the audio?

Please advise on any adapters I require?

Adam

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I used an audio splitter that I purchased on Amazon. Proster HDMI Audio Extractor Converter HDMI to Optical Toslink SPDIF with 1M HDMI 1.4 Cable and 3.5mm Stereo Audio Splitter Adapter Support 4K x 2K 3D Proster HDMI Audio Extractor Converter HDMI to Optical Toslink SPDIF with 1M HDMI 1.4 Cable and 3.5mm Stereo Audio Splitter Adapter Support 4K x 2K 3D https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073TT8JGN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0h5uCb7DDVC0Z . I ran a HDMI cable through my basement ceiling to where my PS4, chromecast, and audio splitter is and plugged it into the HDMI out port. Then I ran a HDMI cable from the center of the wall through the baseboards to where my PS4 is. Using the HDMI to optical adapter dongle, I plugged that end into the audio output port. Then I plug in my PS4 or Chromecast, or in your case, your Xbox into the HDMI in port. My projector is not compatible with HDMI ARC so I just use a spare remote to control the volume on the sonos beam. Hope that helps, feel free to ask me questions.