Question

Problem with LG C9 and powering off Sonos Arc

• 4 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I just got the Sonos Arc yesterday and have been having problems with the CEC function of the TV turning off the soundbar. I had no issues with this function with my previous soundbar (putting the Apple TV to sleep, which would turn off the TV, which would turn off the soundbar). With the Arc, I can still use the Apple TV to turn off the TV but the Sonos Arc remains powered on. I’ve verified that that CEC (LG calls it SIMPLINK) is enabled and Auto Power Sync on the TV is also enabled. I’m using the HDMI cable supplied with the Sonos Arc and it is connected to HDMI2 (ARC) port on the TV. The TV recognizes that there’s a Sonos sound bar connected to that port.

I’ve gone through TV setup on the Sonos S2 app and selected “Connected to ARC.” This appeared to be successful as the app confirmed this and I heard a tone from the soundbar. Is there a setting on the app that I’m missing?

I’ve already tried powering down and unplugging the TV and Sonos Arc for 5 minutes but the results remain the same.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

The only way to turn off the Sonos Arc is to disconnect the power cable. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/985?language=en_US