Problem connecting Beam with HDMI Samsung

• 24 March 2019
  • 4 replies

I installed my Beam and it worked perfectly for two days, and then the connection to my TV failed. Can still play music etc, but can't get sound from my TV. Connected with HDMI cable, and didn't change anything in settings etc, so can't understand why it suddenly didn't work any longer. Suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

niclasj,

Powering the devices off (not standby) is worth a try for 30 seconds or so.

Ensure TV volume is not muted, nor it’s headphone port is in use.

I would then just try another HDMI cable and during the test, unplug all other HDMI cables from the TV. Then if that fails, check the TV is set to output Dolby Digital and PCM audio codecs over HDMI-ARC and not optical.

If you still get no joy you could go onto try the TV's optical port instead of the HDMI-ARC (changing the TV settings accordingly), or even go onto try the Beam on another TV, if you are lucky enough to have one available.

Finally, if still no luck, with the Beam setup and connected to your Sonos controller, I would Submit a Sonos System Diagnostic and post the reference back here and then contact Sonos Customer Care via Twitter (24/7) etc. by clicking this link.

Hope that assists.?
Just to be clear, when he says powering off, he doesn't mean using the remote to turn them off. He means unplugging them from the power socket in the wall.
Thanks. Really appreciate the help. It helped to power off, got sound working correctly. Then, after I had shut TV off I had the same problem again when turning it on. Tried to power off again, and it worked. Seams like there´s something that disconnects between TV and Beam when I just turn the TV off. I have tried with the Sonos App to solve the problemen, but doesn't work. Maybe I need to submitt a ticket.
Thanks. Really appreciate the help. It helped to power off, got sound working correctly. Then, after I had shut TV off I had the same problem again when turning it on. Tried to power off again, and it worked. Seams like there´s something that disconnects between TV and Beam when I just turn the TV off. I have tried with the Sonos App to solve the problemen, but doesn't work. Maybe I need to submitt a ticket.It sounds to me like the TV is auto switching HDMI and picking a signal up from another HDMI port. See if there is a TV setting to turn off auto detecting HDMI. I would also check if your other connected devices are using HDMI-CEC control and switch that off too. On some cable boxes/devices, it may not be be possible to switch off their HDMI-CEC controls, in which case you will need to use either a CEC-less adapter, or cable. These are available on Amazon.

Example:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female-Black/dp/B00DL48KVI/ref=sr_1_1/257-2944248-6679144

I would try unplugging each HDMI device, one at a time, from the TV until you find the culprit that’s stealing the focus away from the Beam.

Hope that resolves your issue.?