Answered

Sonos Playbar won't power on

• 22 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve set my play bar sub an two play1s up in my living room as a surround sound theatre set up. My wife was listening to music streaming in living room when all speakers stopped playing. I’ve discovered that my playbar has no power. I’ve checked lead power supply etc. And it seems my playbar 1st generation has given up on me. I’ve had this set up for 4+ years an I’m absolutely gutted. Is there anywhere I can take it to get repaired or claim from my home insurance or will I just have to replace? Has anyone else had such issues? 

icon

Best answer by Paul A 22 November 2020, 19:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would follow his suggestion to “get in touch with our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement.”

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Blunders.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. The Sonos Playbar’s behavior is not normal and I would like to help you out with that.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps to see if it would help.

• If the Sonos device (not powering on) is plugged into a power strip, can we plug it directly into a power outlet? Do we have any LED light activity on the device?
  • If the Sonos device (not powering on) is plugged into a power outlet can we plug it into a different power outlet that we’re sure has power on it? Do we have any LED light activity on the device?
  • Was there any noticeable incident prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working?
  • Lastly, We may want to get in touch with our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement.
  • We currently do not have any authorized repair stores or outlets. our final recommendation is to contact our technical support team so they can take a look at the situation for you and check what Sonos (as a company) can do to help.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi Paul, 

Ive tried all the above and am sure that the playbar is definitely not powering up. I’m at a loss what to do next! I’m absolutely devastated.