Answered

position of sonos arc and ones

• 26 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello all I would like advice on the positions of the arc and the two ones for atmos .

the tv is wall mounted if I am wall mounting the arc is 4 inches enough clearance between the top of the arc and bottom of tv ? 
my sofa is against the rear wall and the ones are at ear height but against the wall to so I can get them behind me.

how should I point the ones for best experience turned to face my sitting position or forward both pointing towards the tv screen ? Or to the centre of the room. 
I have used trueplay but the height sounds seem to be none existent.

also do you have settings that best for the height and surround settings in the app?

thabk you for your help

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 26 December 2022, 12:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello all I would like advice on the positions of the arc and the two ones for atmos .

the tv is wall mounted if I am wall mounting the arc is 4 inches enough clearance between the top of the arc and bottom of tv ? 

Yes, 4 inches is the minimum distance to allow the upward firing speakers to work.

my sofa is against the rear wall and the ones are at ear height but against the wall to so I can get them behind me.

how should I point the ones for best experience turned to face my sitting position or forward both pointing towards the tv screen ? Or to the centre of the room. 

You should have the surround speakers equal distance from your sitting position and point them towards your sitting position.

I have used trueplay but the height sounds seem to be none existent.

also do you have settings that best for the height and surround settings in the app?

thabk you for your help

I find that the height effect is very much dependent upon the film/tv programme that you watch.  As for the settings, this is very much a personal thing and also dependent upon your room layout.  I suggest that you experiment and choose your preferred audio.