Question

Popup message on Samsung Smart TV

• 27 December 2013
  • 4 replies

Can't get ride of the annoying popup box that says TV is using external speakers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hey everyone. I know this is an old thread but I have the same FIXED message on my set. Just set my new Sound Bar up tonight. FIOS. Hope you can help. Thank you!
I've tried the directions at the link below suggested by Sonos but I'm still getting the pop up that shoes the message "FIXED". This only started after I switched to a different FIOS TV remote. Same exact type just one from a different room. It never used to happen so I'm perplexed at why it's happening now. Very frustrating to have this pop up every time I adjust the volume.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2083/~/eliminating-annoying-messages-on-your-tv-when-using-a-remote
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Chris is correct, just expanding on it, here are directions for using many common cable/satellite remotes to bypass the notification.

Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is responding to fact you are pressing volume on the remote (Sonos emulating your remote). 

You would need to program the Sonos to respond to a non-Samsung remote to keep it from doing that