Answered

Playbase won't connect

• 29 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Yesterday I replaced a Playbar with a Playbase in our home theatre set-up (paired with 2 Play Ones). All went smoothly & system was working perfectly.

Today, the Playbase was missing from the system (not listed in app & no sound from tv). Have tried re-connecting it, and have had multiple different failures:

• Sometimes it fails to connect wirelessly (either the chime doesn’t sound at all on pressing the ‘Join’ button, other times it sounds for a fraction of a second & then cuts out, other times it chimes but then doesn’t subsequently connect).
  • Have also tried connecting via Ethernet - have managed to connect successfully, but there is then a set-up problem either when trying to add the surrounds or during the tuning process.
  • I finally managed to connect everything up, only for the Playbase to go missing again 5 minutes later.

Currently have a flashing white light on the Playbase & it’s not showing up in the Sonos app (only the right-side Play One is showing). No sound coming through the tv.

We had the Playbar running in this set-up / room or a few years without any problems. Help!

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 March 2020, 18:51

Hi @adsimpson, thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

It sounds like the Playbar is dropping it’s IP address or  possibly connecting to a piece of networking  hardware that is not utilizing multicasting. 

Does your current setup consist of multiple routers, access points or WiFi extenders? If so, would it be possible to provide me with the model numbers of those units?

Additionally, I would like to collect a diagnostic report of the Sonos system to further assess how Sonos is communicating with your network. Please post the confirmation number in the reply and I would be happy to take a look!

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi @adsimpson, thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

It sounds like the Playbar is dropping it’s IP address or  possibly connecting to a piece of networking  hardware that is not utilizing multicasting. 

Does your current setup consist of multiple routers, access points or WiFi extenders? If so, would it be possible to provide me with the model numbers of those units?

Additionally, I would like to collect a diagnostic report of the Sonos system to further assess how Sonos is communicating with your network. Please post the confirmation number in the reply and I would be happy to take a look!