Question

Playbase vs Playbar & Sub

• 7 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
Current using a PlayBar with my tv set. Was thinking about getting the sub for it too. But then I see a new product, Playbase. Since its the same price as the sub, would I be better off getting the Playbase then buying the sub for the Playbar? Which would offer better performance?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

The only hassle is having to reset everything when my WiFi stuffs up or SONOS needs to be updated, but I can live with it.

Reserving IP adresses in your router will prevent problems like that. Once you reserve an IP for each Sonos device, the possibility for duplicates goes away.
I'd just get the Sub. From what I see, there might be a slight performance increase in terms of sound if you were to get a Playbase, but I can tell you there's a substantial change in sound when you pair a Sub with your current Playbar.

My opinion is subject to change at the point at which I can actually hear a Playbase, but based on what I've seen so far, your best bet is to get the sub.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I agree go for the Sub! Love my Sub
I agree too.
If you already have a Playbar, go for a Sub.
I have two Play:1's too.
Great sound.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Sub and two Play1s are awesome!
The only hassle is having to reset everything when my WiFi stuffs up or SONOS needs to be updated, but I can live with it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I have never had to "reset" anything ever! Updates are part of the improvements of the Sonos eco system. Get on SonosNet the best way to run Sonos

Make sure if you have a hard wired Sonos product to your router that Sonos and your router or on different channels

SonosNet

And that product is at least a few feet away from the router. Keep any other wireless devices as far away as you can.
I'll try that.
Thanks.