Question

PLAYBASE VS BEAM AND ONKIO TX

• 10 February 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
hi, a question for you experts if I change playbase and take beam (hdmi) .. and associate onkio TX-RZ740 can convert DTS / ATMOS / DD +?

9 replies

No. The signal interpretation is done in the Sonos, not in any device ‘upstream’. The Sonos is looking for an HDMI-ARC or optical signal of Dolby Digital.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

No. The signal interpretation is done in the Sonos, not in any device ‘upstream’. The Sonos is looking for an HDMI-ARC or optical signal of Dolby Digital.

you say they are trying to solve?

No, I didn’t say that. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

No, I didn’t say that. 

instead with apple tv 4k I partially solve the problem of DD + of netflix and prime?

And I’d be stunned if they were. All of the Sonos sound bars have all three front channels built in, they are not designed to be only a center speaker. Sonos has shown no interest so far in allowing three separate speakers to be used in a Home theater setup. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

And I’d be stunned if they were. All of the Sonos sound bars have all three front channels built in, they are not designed to be only a center speaker. Sonos has shown no interest so far in allowing three separate speakers to be used in a Home theater setup. 

what a pity they are really in love with these products but very limited

They’re pointed at a very specific market, in my mind. Great quality, high ease of use, medium price. They don’t try to pretend to be high end, there are too many other players in that space. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

DD + are 2 additional channels of dialogue speech ... because in the app they do not add an equalizer for the 3 channels of the play base at least to circumvent this problem otherwise when they speak the voice is far away

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

They’re pointed at a very specific market, in my mind. Great quality, high ease of use, medium price. They don’t try to pretend to be high end, there are too many other players in that space. 

the quality is not discussed are perfect!  but I don't agree with the cheap price, if you take a base of another very poor brand it has all the DTS ECC decodings