Playbase TV Optical Input Quiet - Please Fix it Sonos

• 18 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi Sonos and Sonos Community members,

I’ve had a playbase for a few months and there is one thing is really annoying and destroying the user experience.
I’ve seen a lot of threads about this problem:

- When music is streamed, the Playbase volume is okay at around 10-15% for a good audio experience
- When audio is from the Optical input (i.e. TV / games console / blu-ray player) the volume needs to be at least 50%
- It doesn’t matter what brand TV is used, the user experience is less than satisfactory, especially far a £700 product

So far there has been no solid resolution, even with re-routing audio connections or using separate DACs.

Simple fix: Add a ‘level’ option for the optical input, the same as there is for the ‘aux’ input for the Play:5

Okay...it’s probably not as simple as the statement and may need some software development time, but come on Sonos, listen to your customers...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, conka_88. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward this topic along to the team for consideration. Thanks for the feedback and input!
Hi,

I Just connected the new LG OLED 65C8 to my PLAYBAR the volume difference between streaming and TV is really annoying. Please add a +3db and +6db option to the optical input.

Thanks!
Had the same issue before .

Hyperconvergence user , and it works best!
Had the same issue before .

Hyperconvergence user , and it works best!

What do you mean by this?