Question

PLAYBASE not recieving optical signal from older TV

• 4 June 2017
  • 2 replies

PLAYBASE works perfect when connected to my XBOX One Optical Out, but when connected to the Optical Out on my older Sony TV (KDL46XBR3) it does not get a signal. I have tried many settings on the TV. I know there are versions of HDMI. Are their also versions of Toslink optical cables and the digital media formats? I'm trying to determine if its a compatibility issue or HW issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Pages 35 and 36 of the owners manual of that TV would probably be of significant help.

It does imply ar the audio out listing of specifications on page 52 that it does pass a Dolby Digital signal, but I don't see any settings in the audio section on how to deal with that. You may need to call Sony on that.
No, toslink is toslink.

It sounds like you need to play more with the audio settings on the Sony TV. Make sure the internal speakers are off, the audio settings are fixed, not variable, and the tv is set to Dolby digital.