Question

Playbase not playing TV audio at all, suddenly

• 16 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Situation:  My playbase is not playing any audio from the TV.

My TV is a Vizio P Series.  

Playbase will play audio direct from Spotify, for instance, when I select this media source in the app.  It is apparently not detecting anything over the optical audio cable.

I have  Roke Premeire connected to Vizio TV via HDMI, and optical audio from TV to Playbase.

I have power cycled everything in the chain, no affect.  Sonos app stays on the Spotify test track and doesn’t auto-detect optical audio.

Roku is set for Dolby Digital.  Vizio TV is also set for Dolby Digital for the Digital Output and Analog Output is Fixed.  TV speakers are “off”.  

I have unplugged the optical cable from the playbase and verified a red light, then re-seated it.  

Nothing is working. There seems to be no customer service anymore at Sonos (I have another question I emailed weeks ago and no response) so I’m grasping at straws, here.  

The app doesn’t seem to have a way to verify Optical Audio coming in (I had thought it would auto-detect, but apparently not).  

I can provide any other information.  This is extremely frustrating.  It was working literally hours ago, I did nothing to the system but turn it on again and suddenly it doesn’t work at all.

EDIT: Diagnostic number is 2018600420

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge

Another odd behavior is the Playbase is not detected “Volume Up” commands from my remote suddenly, but it is detecting “Volume Down”.  It is not detecting “mute”.

Manually I can set volume up and down (and hear the tones when I push the buttons) but the app keeps the input stuck on Spotify and won’t Auto Detect the TV audio input.

I’ve verified my cable on both sides.