Answered

Playbase/Firestick Remote Options..

Got a good deal on a new Playbase for the master bedroom. I exclusively use a Firestick which uses a Bluetooth remote. Since the Playbase is IR controlled and has no HDMI ARC I need a solution for controlling the Firestick and Playbase with one remote. Was curious what you all have found to work best?

So far I kind of like this option..,

Sideclick Remotes SC2-FT16K Universal Remote Attachment for Amazon Fire TV Streaming Player https://a.co/d/fR9KOVr

icon

Best answer by ratty 8 July 2022, 12:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I was under the impression that the Firestick remote would not control the Playbase volume. Thanks for setting me straight :)

Just set up in the Fire TV/Stick menu rather than the Sonos app

You might need to do both.

The Firestick remote can already emit IR codes for volume control. You just need to configure it to a suitable TV manufacturer in the Firestick settings then train the Playbase with it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have a Playbase in my bedroom hooked up to a Fire TV which has the same kind of remote as a Fire stick. Like Ratty said above, I had to configure the remote in the Fire TVs setting to work the Playbase. It worked fine :) I did not have to do anything in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@JimCali75 - I thought that too when I got the Fire TV but it works a treat. Just set up in the Fire TV/Stick menu rather than the Sonos app