Question

Playbase cannot surround because of bad WiFi card?

• 17 October 2020
  • 5 replies

So I just got a 2nd hand Sonos Playbase with 2x Play:3 online and it seems like I can’t connect the Playbase on wifi. It works with LAN cable to my router, I can connect it to my sonos app. Now the other problem occur, I can’t connect the surround 2xPlay:3 to the Playbase.

I submitted diagnostics report no 2036271214

This thing happened to me before with my Beam and 2x Play:1, I connect the beam through cable/LAN port and Play:1 through wifi. The surround system was failed to setup but the app has the name(Beam, Play:1, Play:1) but the surround not outputting sound. 

I am pretty sure this is bad wifi card on the Playbase, since a lot of this happened in the forum.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @malvnathaniel, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about what’s happening with your Sonos Playbase and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the diagnostic report. It shows that there is an issue with the Playbase that you have. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. And give you options for possible replacement. 

If you have other questions about your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon,

thanks for the quick response. I will try to call tomorrow. Or is there any way we can do text chat?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @malvnathaniel, thanks for the update. They are open on weekdays. 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Hi Simon,

So I tried to call but its actually overseas so it didn’t go through but I was able to reach out to the seller which is Sonos distributor here in Indonesia (Digital Screen International) and they are trying to contact Sonos via email but still no response.

My Playbase has been with them for 2 weeks now. Please kindly help. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @malvnathaniel, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about what happened. I would suggest that you can also try to reach our chat support team so that they can create a troubleshooting ticket about this issue. You may contact our chat support team on that link, and you may choose a country that has a live chat option for further assistance. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.