Playbase after sound upgrade

• 18 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I cant remember If it was update 8.6 which brought sound enhancement for playbase.
Anyways, i skipped my playbase after i had a listen to playbar. The playbar is just more pleasent and sort/rounder in its sound.
Shortly after this update arrived and i havent had a chance to hear the playbase afterwards.
So those of you with playbase - are the playbase better at this stage?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I cant remember If it was update 8.6 which brought sound enhancement for playbase.
Anyways, i skipped my playbase after i had a listen to playbar. The playbar is just more pleasent and sort/rounder in its sound.
Shortly after this update arrived and i havent had a chance to hear the playbase afterwards.
So those of you with playbase - are the playbase better at this stage?

Hi bromberg,

Personally, I prefer the sound from the PLAYBASE over the PLAYBAR, both before and especially after Trueplay tuning. I find that it's easier for me to pick out movie and TV dialog from the sound effects, and I like the warmer feeling of the bass. Your mileage may vary though!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Well it wasnt with or without trueplay i was thinking about:).

With 8.6 firmware the playbase had a sound improved upgrade, and its that im currious about:).
I have had the playbase and bar, and i prefer the sound from the playbar. At least before 8.6 update.

But agree about dialog, it seems to be more clear on playbase. But it has a less fuller sound to my ears:)