Answered

Playbase 5.1 surround sound to play stereo with music?

• 10 July 2019
  • 1 reply

I just purchased a playbase and am running in-ceiling surround speakers with a connect amp. Is there a way to get these to revert to stereo sound when not watching tv/movie? It seems a little ridiculous to not have this option. My Denon receiver that I previously used is over a decade old and did this. I have tried everything that I can think of short of un-linking the surround speakers from the surround setup. Is there something else that I can do?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 10 July 2019, 22:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Mriksheim

I know that when using Sonos speakers in surround it is possible to set the speakers to automictically play in Full Stereo with music under Advanced Audio settings in the Sonos app. Not sure if it's possible with 3rd party speakers and Connect: Amp. Click the link for information on how set surrounds for Full Stereo. I can't find anything that says using a Connect negates the feature; but as I said I'm not sure. Worth a try🤔

Let me know it if works/

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2927?language=en_US

Cheers!